Thank you all who participated in Style webinar
TOWARDS HEALTHY MOBILITY
Transdisciplinary Contribution to Health, Climate and Business Targets
Wednesday 29 April 2020 at 10–12 (UTC +3)
Physical inactivity is a major social concern of late-modern lifestyles. In order to boost physical activity by increasing the share of healthy mobility (i.e. walking and cycling), joint actions across various domains are required.
This webinar brought together perspectives of sustainable mobility, health and physical activity promotion, community planning, consumer research, business model development and futures studies. We featured a panel of internationally acknowledged experts and local practitioners to discuss the obstacles and actions to support healthy mobility.
The members of the online panel were:
- BILLIE GILES-CORTI, Professor, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
“Healthy liveable communities and urban futures”
- METTE GRANBERG, Helsinki Regional Transport Authority, Finland
“Reducing emissions and promoting health (in the Helsinki region), a perfect match”
- MATTI HIRVONEN, Executive director of the Network of Finnish Cycling municipalities, Finland
“Integrating cycling into daily life”
- THIAGO HÉRICK DE SÁ, World Health Organization WHO, Switzerland
“The role of the health sector in the creation of healthy and sustainable mobility for all”
- TIM SCHWANEN, Professor, Director, Transport Studies Unit, University of Oxford, UK
“Transport and sustainability”
- JOHN THØGERSEN, Professor, Department of Management, Aarhus University, Denmark
“Sustainable consumer behavior and mobility”
- STYLE webinar blog #1: Promoting healthy mobility with knowledge and decision-making
- STYLE webinar blog #2: Design to support physical activity
- STYLE webinar blog #3: Integrating physical activity to everyday lives
- STYLE webinar blog #4: Silver bullets, lifestyles, feelings and equality enabling physical activity
- Background report: Twelve Obstacles to an Active, Low-Carbon Lifestyle – Overcoming factors hindering healthy mobility
- Slides presented at the webinar
- Links shared at the webinar chat
– – –
Towards Healthy Mobility webinar was hosted by the STYLE (Healthy Lifestyles to Boost Sustainable Growth) research project and the Finnish Environment Institute SYKE. STYLE is funded by the Strategic Research Council at the Academy of Finland.
Dr. Anu Tuominen, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd (VTT), email@example.com
Dr. Marko Tainio, Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE), firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Manager Ira Ahokas, Finland Futures Research Centre (FFRC), University of Turku, email@example.com
Professor Petri Tapio, Finland Futures Research Centre (FFRC), University of Turku, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note, that the Webinar will be recorded and the recording will be published on the project website after the event. See the Data Protection Statement for Webinar Recording.
Your personal data is used to provide you with information on the webinar before, during and after the event. Only information that is strictly necessary for providing these services is collected. See the Data Protection Statement for Webinar Registration.